Thursday, April 27, 2006

Photo Competition Entries...

Having joined the local Photographic Society (Camera Club to the rest of us) I have entered my 1st club competition. The competition is Digital images only with section 1 being "non-manipulated" and section 2 "manipulated" work.

I've entered 5 images in total, 3 in section 1 and 2 in section2. Here they are, let me know what you think.
I'll update you on the critique I get and the points scored after next Tuesday.

Section 1
Motoring History

Shelly

In Flight


Section 2 (Manipulated)
The Weir

COLD!

5 Comments:

Blogger Comrade Alkowski said...

Al's quick critique:

Motoring History: good exposure, good subject. It's teasing me to see some more of the car. The interior, or the patina in the metal work. I'd like to see some more angles and close-ups maybe. I like it, but I'm a sucker for car shots!

11:25 pm  
Blogger Comrade Alkowski said...

Shelly: interesting model, but somethings not working for me. Maybe it's a bit flat for my tastes - maybe it's the background. Not sure.

11:28 pm  
Blogger Comrade Alkowski said...

In Flight: Not bad - I'm guessing you were panning to get this shot? There seems to be motion-blur in the water.
Be nice to see where the bird was flying too, or some other point of interest in the shot.

Just curious: Was this with the IS lens?

11:32 pm  
Blogger Comrade Alkowski said...

The Weir: good, I like it. Would work very well as an abstract piece of art.

11:34 pm  
Blogger Comrade Alkowski said...

COLD!: I like this one a lot :)

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home