Friday, October 13, 2006

Self Portrait - Not that easy

A few weeks ago it was suggested to me that all of the really great artists practiced the art of self portraiture and that at some point the Photo Club should run a self portrait competition. I've had a go at this and here are some of the results. I shot over 70 images in one session without assistance. Initially I had left the camera on auto focus. This is a mistake as I don't have a remote shutter release and was reliant on the timed shutter release. All of the early shots are of course out of focus. Lighting is from a single Canon Speedlight and for the latter shots the aperture is f8 and shutter speed at 125th of a second

Here they are in sequence. I think you'll see that I have some way to go before my self portrait comes out the way I want it.


IMG_4150


IMG_4155

IMG_4156IMG_4157

IMG_4158

IMG_4174IMG_4180
IMG_4198 IMG_4206

IMG_4213

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home