Saturday, September 02, 2006

Backup the Backup....

After some serious thought and some very serious consideration of the bank balance, I've taken the plunge and purchased two back up drives.

LaCie have a good name and looked good value compared with others in the same range. These babies are NAS type disks with 10/100 ethernet and USB2 ports so can be on the network or directly connected.

My intention is to run some sort of backup routine to Drive 1 for both client machines and then back up Drive 1 to drive 2 so that if any drive breaks I'll still have a copy.

Al says retrospect Pro is the software to have so I'm going to investigate that to see what it does.

The twins are due on Wednesday this week I'll post more news after they arrive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home