Sunday, January 28, 2007

Skype

I had a Skype tutorial with the SkypeMaster yesterday. I'm sold on it. I've wanted to use it for some time now but could not see the benefit over iChat. Now I see.

10 things I like about Skype:
1 - Video chat works
2 - Cheap calls worldwide. Actually it doesn't matter where you are so long as you have an internet connection anyone can call your SkypeIn number
3 - You can get a SkypeIn phone number with a geographic dial code from almost any country
4 - Voice mail is FREE with SkypeIn instead of the £1.50 a month for BT "answercall"
5 - SkypeIn numbers are only £20 a per to rent instead of the BT £11.50 a month
6 - Skype to Skype is free
7 - Skype friendly hotspots are popping up all over the place (there are over 1200 in London and over 50 in Brighton)
8 - I can set call to forward to any number if I'm away
9 - I can have a London Number (0207 or 0208) if I choose
10 - You don't need a computer at all to use SkypeOut

All we need now is for Apple to tie the iPhone into Skype and Mobile networks and we'll have one hell of a solution.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home